The Weeknd not only provided us with a massive amount of upbeat songs to groove to but also contributed to redefining what being famous in this field of music signifies. Our existence has taken on his kind of crazy, cosmic madness.
With a lyricism that effortlessly evokes the classics, The Weeknd is a controversial and innovative musician. In addition to promoting and embracing individualism, he boldly chooses to be equally musically and artistically adventurous. The Weeknd's interesting application to songs is particularly enticing since he provides freedom; when he employs detailed definitions, he can take listeners to the exact situations he speaks of.
Weeknd Quick Facts
- Full Name: Abel Makkonen Tesfaye
- Parents: Makkonen Tesfaye, Samra Tesfaye
- Birthland: Scarborough, Toronto, Canada
- Birthday: February 16, 1990
- Net Worth: 300 million USD
- Spouse: N/A
- Educational Institutes: West Hill Collegiate Institute, Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute
Who is Weeknd?
Till the Weeknd eventually received recognition through Rolling Stone, New York Times, and some other major media, Tesfaye autonomously concentrated on his tunes and exhibited them from place to place, on the sidewalk, and digitally. He established a mysterious, dark identity throughout his three studio albums, separating them from other rivals. But since then, he has gained more admirers, and in 2011, to much praise, he released his debut collection, "The House of Balloons."
Let us look at some lesser-known and exciting facts about the Weeknd that we bet you didn’t know before!
- The Weeknd admitted that his group dubbed him "Diapers" because he frequently tended to change his opinion about the projects.
- His professional moniker pays homage to the time he "went yet another weekend and not returned" while he quit secondary education at the tender age of 17.
- Besides the fact that he already has the orange McLaren P1, worth 1.2 million USD, the top fuel dragster is merely a component of his alleged 3 million USD portfolio of automobiles. He also owns rides such as a Bentley Mulsanne, a Porsche 918, the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ, a Ferrari LaFerrari, and plenty.
- The Weeknd frequently stole groceries from a neighboring store to survive while sharing an 850 USD monthly rented residence alongside his two schoolmates, whom he compensated with government handouts.
- Drake provided links to his tracks on his Blogspot, October's Very Own, in 2010 to promote the then-unknown vocalist to the audience.
- The Weeknd has always had encounters with straight people but has never come out as homosexual.
- The Weeknd may be classified into a broad spectrum of musical styles because each of his releases has a distinctive flavor.
- The Weeknd claims that his signature dreadlock haircut, made famous by icon Jean-Michel Basquiat, occasionally causes someone to experience poor posture due to cervicalgia.
How Old is Weeknd?
- 32 Years
- 11 Months
- 18 Days
- 0 Months
- 12 Days
- Thursday , 16 Feb 2023
|In Years||32 Years|
|In Months||395 Months|
|In Days||12040 Days|
|In Weeks||1720 Weeks|
|In Hours||288962 Hours|
|In Minutes||17337774 Minutes|
|In Seconds||1040266494 Seconds|
Where was Weeknd Born?
Canada has produced these outstanding performers over the decades, although brilliance originates from various parts of the universe. First-ever names that typically come to mind include Drake, Justin Bieber, and many individuals, including The Weeknd.
Weeknd’s Birth Sign
The Weeknd is an Aquarius whose path has been self-designed and unpredictable. Innovation, the interplanetary, the horoscope, and the human psychological population are all ruled by Aquarius. The Weeknd is fearless in speaking out.
When considering the astrological sign, you could gain a glimpse into the experience of being romantically involved with The Weeknd. Aquarius has no trouble getting love. Selecting the proper love companion is the problem. They require a partner who will accept individuals exactly as their individuality is and assist them in feeling noticed, but who also won't attempt to modify them or object to their inherent quirks. Additionally, individuals must respect Aquarius' independence and offer folks the space and liberty to be their authentic selves.
While maintaining a psychological detachment that offers the chance to witness and digest, Aquarians seek to encounter and reveal; whenever his debut track was launched only on air, the young gentleman had been sorting pricey T-shirts in American Apparel. Like a real extraterrestrial thinker, he observed how the remaining customers in the shop reacted to the soundtrack rather than jumping for pleasure just at echoing the voice of oneself.
Weeknd’s Net Worth
The Weeknd, who has been continuously producing songs for his devoted followers for nearly ten years, has a sizable fortune to complement his musical skill. The Weeknd has frequently been included among the most fabulous celebrities by Forbes; in 2017, he was listed as the sixth top-earning performer. Does he also make lots of money outside of his fame in the music industry? The Weeknd's revenues are fully detailed below.
The Weeknd is already generating income outside of his soundtracks and live performances as a producer in the production company and the originator of the XO Talent Agency. He has endorsed several endorsement and partnership agreements outside the recording industry, such as H&M and Puma. Furthermore, he collaborated with Marvel.
He acquired Amharic from his grandmother, which is his original mother language. He eventually went to a French immersion institution and became proficient in the language. He received more education from West Hill Collegiate Institute and Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute.
He absconded from school in his eleventh standard to devote himself to wild socializing, then moved out. Tesfaye ultimately found employment with American Apparel, but created lyrics involving isolation, substance abuse, and sexual practices simultaneously.
Tesfaye could discover his individuality by singing, despite his challenges as a kid. The Weeknd has become one of the most well-known musicians of all time. Nevertheless, he has succeeded in maintaining the confidentiality of his private life. His beloved's confidentiality is undoubtedly at the top of his mind, given that his folks have never really accompanied him on the red carpet. In contrast, they were sometimes included in nostalgic photos on Facebook and Twitter during his youth.
His folks originally left for Canada from Ethiopia. His grandma reared him. The Weeknd previously called himself a "Mama's boy," and reports have speculated that he does not interact well with his dad. Except for that, he serves as the sole kid in the house, resulting in no brothers or sisters.
Are you looking for The Weeknd's phrases and quotations from his Grammy-winning albums that you can relate to? By reading this assortment of quotes, you may learn more about Mr. Heartless personally, which will assist readers who want to comprehend the artist further.
“He’s what you want. I’m what you need.”
“Nothing is stopping me from doing what I love to do.”
“Cause my heart belongs to you, I’ll risk it all for you.”
“You need someone to tell you how to feel, and you think your happiness is real. There’s so much more the world has to reveal.”